* Purpose of Position;
- Involves the application of specialist knowledge in the field of Planning and Engineering, which may include designing, managing or maintaining systems or processes or completing projects to develop or change systems or processes or as appropriate
- Acts as a technical expert on complex and specialist subject(s). Supports management with the analysis, interpretation and application of complex information, contributing to the achievement of divisional and corporate goals. Supports or leads projects by applying area of expertise.
- To design, develop and implement operations plans and programs and assist in manpower, system or network planning projects with the objective to ensure service and operations excellence, increase revenue and enhance customer experience with the objective to achieve FedEx APAC productivity and service goals.
* Areas of Responsibility
– ENGINEERING; Develop and review volume forecast, manpower forecast and operating plans to attain service and productivity goals; evaluate resource and manpower requests relative to productivity/service targets; conduct scenario analysis and provide recommendations, coordinate development and implementation of best practices; participate in development of medium-range and long-range plan (including expansion or upgrades of service areas, or flight systems in APAC); perform operational design and planning for new FedEx facilities; coordinate with Sales to address customer requirements; develop product/process flow and routine in order to ensure achievements of corporate service and productivity goals in a profitable manner.
– OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS; Interpret data and analyze historical trends of staffing; evaluate proposals to determine the operational and cost impact for new programs/services and market/operational expansion; evaluate performance of service areas; conduct competitive analysis, conduct preliminary analysis including feasibility studies and costs & benefits analysis; gather and define users’ requirements, collaborate with P&E counterparts on implementation; develop analytical models and tools for use in simulation; develop prototypes; analyze using modeling and operations research techniques in order to maximize operational/customs clearance efficiency and ensure service excellence to customers.
– STANDARDS AND PROCESSES; Analyze, recommend and implement ways to improve service and cost performance within the responsible area; research and benchmark best practices; support the development of standards and measures; facilitate long-range planning and scenario analysis for processes in order to maintain and improve efficiency and business performance against corporate objectives
– CONTINGENCY PLANNING; Identify needs, develop and implement contingency plans within the service areas for crisis management or long-term usage in order to minimize risks, costs and operational impact to APAC Operations and protect FedEx’s employees and properties.
– PROJECT MANAGEMENT; Participate in tasks forces involving in projects related to total corporation performance; monitor project plan for assigned projects; report success measures and assist in post-implementation review to measure success in service improvements; lead and coordinate projects as assigned by manager in order to improve service excellence in the most cost effective manner to achieve corporate and regulatory standards.
– TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT; Assist in development and revision of SOP based on new or improved processes; assist in development of user guide in order to ensure understanding and application of processes, requirements and systems